Common risks like fire, storm & lightning are covered by Buildings Insurance. There are however optional extensions available, and our Team will assist you to determine the correct cover needed for your specific building. We work with specialised insurers, some of whom offer a valuation of your Buildings so that average will not apply in the event of a claim.
Household Contents Insurance covers your personal items whilst they are in your home or on your property, or while they are temporarily at another residence, for example when you are on holiday. The most important aspect of Household Contents cover is to ensure that the sum insured of your Contents is based on the current replacement value and includes all items. This will prevent you being underinsured at the time of a claim. If you are underinsured the insurer will apply average and your claim pay-out will be lower than the amount you claimed for.
Dependant on your portfolio, we offer specialist products that include the following:
• Excess free policy if you are over the age of 55
• A valuation of your Contents which means that average will not apply in the event of a claim.
• Accidental damage & power surge up to the full sum insured
Personal All Risks
As soon as you leave your home, you must have All Risks cover for the personal items you are carrying with you or there is no cover. There are two options and, dependant on your portfolio, you may require either one or both options:
• Unspecified All Risks – Clothing and Personal Effects – this is a blanket cover and, dependant on your portfolio, cover may be restricted to a limited amount per item. Dependant on the insurers and their specific products, some items like cell phones, laptops, bicycles are not covered under this section and must be specified.
• Specified All Risks – High risk items like cell phones, laptops, bicycles and jewellery may be specifically insured dependant on the insurer and product chosen.
As soon as you leave your Motor insurance covers you for accidental damage, theft and hijack as well roadside assistance in the event of an accident / breakdown and car hire in the event of accidental damage, theft and hijack.
Dependant on your portfolio, we offer excess free motor insurance and a variety of car hire options to suit your specific needs.
Small Craft Insurance (boats, jetskis) covers you against loss or damage, including cover for sinking or collision as well as cover for medical expenses of passengers. Cover is extended to include the accessories on the boat, eg water skis, fish finders.